Saturday, November 14, 2015

Thinking about dolls and the future.


First I want to thank everyone who has been able to assist us. Because of your incredibly generous efforts we will be able to pay some of the due bills and also eat, and for that we are incredibly thankful. I continue to be so very thankful to have friends who are able and willing to assist in many different ways, and I want each of you to know that I would not hesitate for a moment to do the same for any of you. I care deeply for my friends, and if you are seeing this message, you are among those. 

Completely unrelated to my gratitude above, I’ve realized that I really need to play with my dolls more. I was poking at Den of Angels updating some details in my profile and realized that of dolls I’ve purchased over the last several years, the only one that I have really and truly played with in that time is October, and more recently Owen. I only have “Look faceup” photos for many of my dolls, and that is just sad. 

I realized this because I received notice that a doll (two actually) that I had on layaway from awhile back, were finally shipped from the company to the person who organized the group order, and I was thinking that while I am certainly excited to receive them, I haven’t really done much with any of the dolls I’ve gotten in the last several years because of work and now school. I miss my dolls. 

I’m strongly considering going through the resin bits box and selling off bits and pieces I bought for characters that never happened. I have a handful of rolling heads, with characters in mind, but I have no intention of buying their bodies until I am OUT of school, so.. I find myself wondering if I should really be hanging onto them or if I should let them go to people who would appreciate them. It’s something I will have to think over hard. My collection is large, and we don’t have much space in our apartment. 

Also it’s very likely that I will be moving at the end of this first school year and the details are not set on that so it might be worthwhile to have less things to have to pack come June(ish). Nothing is set yet and the details are quiet for now because I need to focus on getting through the rest of Fall 2015 semester and all the way through Spring 2016 semester. 

One thing that I am planning, is to get my driver’s license this spring. I never have, and I may not always be able to drive depending on medications, but I would like to have the option, and depending on where I live, I may not have access to public transport. I’m also planning to get my US Passport to make things easier when I move. All of my legal documentation is changed at the federal level, and having the US Passport as my main identification will help in getting hassle-free ID in my new state regardless of where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.