Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Quick ER Update

I went back to the ER on Sunday because I hit a solid 10 on the pain scale and just couldn't... anything. 

A good friend took me to the ER where I waited 3 hours, was quietly put in the "family" waiting room because noise pain (this is a room where they to you someone has died I was told), and then was rolled into a room and left for a half hour or so. 

A nurse popped in and asked some questions about my medicines, shined a light at my eyes, took blood, and left again.

A bit later the Doctor came in to see me and asked why I had come back so soon and I explained how I was drugged and released last time and asked for them to please do some tests, some kind of answer and maybe try something else for the migraine.

I got about 5 hours of initial relief, and the migraine came back but not as strong. The dr thinks my fioricet with codeine may be the culprit in the never-ending migraine loop. It's the codeine and magic bipolar brain going LOL NOPE THIS MEDICINE NO WORK NOW LOLOLO. 

She prescribed two medicines to take daily, one twice a day, the other thrice daily, and prescribed enough to get me through to my neurologist appointment on the 19th.

Edit: The medicines names, the generic at least are Diclofeniac 100mg and Gabapentin 100mg. I believe in that order based on what my pharmacy receipt shows, reflecting price of pills.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the new meds help you get better. Keep us updated, please. I at least am worried when I'm not hearing of you. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.