Monday, October 20, 2014

Job interview, and met my financial goal!

Wow today has been an incredibly emotional day. I had a job interview this morning, and conditional on the results of my background check, I have a seasonal job with Target on the Sales Floor. They said it may take up to a week to hear back from their company, but once they have heard back they will call me either way. It's slightly more than minimum wage, and it's only until January unless a more permanent position opens up by then, but it's WORK, so I have accepted the proposal, and hopefully I will be able to start in a week or two.

In addition to that, I was able to get in to see Dr C about some pending paperwork (but not for medical treatment yet) and get some things sorted there, since his office is right next to the Target I applied to. This Target is within easy walking distance, and so I am able to give them complete schedule flexibility without having to rely on the bus. Additionally if I NEED to, I can take the bus there, as it is on the bus route. I may do that on snow days.

So after that I headed to Walmart to pick up the expensive prescription, and while I was waiting for Osaka to meet me there (Pherret actually sent some money without prompting, like a responsible father!), my phone jingled. It was an alert from my email, that I had received a contribution which has caused me to meet my needed goal. I am no longer panicked about having spent the money I'd gathered on that prescription, and as soon this amount clears I can go back to Dr C and see if I have pneumonia, and if I do treat it. The person also messaged me and I nearly had a heart attack because while I thought they might be able to help a bit, I wasn't expecting them to be able to help by actually completely meeting my goal.

I am INCREDIBLY thankful for everyone who has helped, whether by donation of funds, or signal boosting. Thank you all so much. I have my medicine, and in a few days I will have the other (if I need more). I am incredibly blessed, and incredibly thankful. If EVER I can do anything to assist please do ask. I will do whatever is in my power to help my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.