Tuesday, July 15, 2014

So I guess I'm 31 now.

So I think my 31st birthday is probably the quietest birthday I have ever had. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I was pretty sick when I turned 30 and can't remember most of that year. I had a rowdy 29th with friends and coworkers. I think I'm very happy with a quiet birthday at home with my very best friend. I could have done without the broken ankle but honestly I'm not fussed, it was such a nice QUIET, pleasant day.

My big birthday gift to myself was Zephi, and Christy's gift to me will be a beautiful faceup for him when the weather is agreeable. She tried to paint him for me this weekend but the humidity was too high, so she'll try again when the weather is more receptive. I will probably come home some time in the next week or two and he'll be painted and smiling up at me from where I usually sit. :)

I also got the other big gift I wanted, direct from the Lego site, and will post photos of my Lego collection (a hodgepodge of Hobbit/LOTR/Creator sets) when I have it in hand and put together. We tried finding it in a local store but it was marked up from what it was direct from Lego, and I also ordered a couple of base plates and got free shipping and a limited edition minifigure for free.

Anyway I have to hobble out the door, back to work vacation is over. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.