Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hmmn.

So, I saw a Psychologist today Dr W, who listened and asked questions and then very kindly and politely explained why I was diagosed bi polar in my teens, why it was and is a correct diagnosis, and how my symptoms differ from some of the other conditions I thought it might be.

I'm still really upset by the diagnosis. Bi polar disorder is a terrifying mental disease, there is no cure, no guarenteed treatment. I was hoping it was a mistake and that I'm just exceptionally neurotic.

I have a followup with a Psychiatrist Dr T, to discuss treatment options, for May 7th. It was stressed that I MUST take my meds, and that it is important to discuss changes rather than just deciding they don't work and discontinuing treatment. Fair enough since that's totally what I did in my teens..

I'm scared, angry, worried, and maybe a bit hopeful.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.