Thursday, April 25, 2013

Graze Boxes 4, 5, and 6

So... my last three weeks worth of graze boxes all arrived this week. @_@ I'd reported box 4 as lost in the mail since it was 3 weeks overdue. That one came today.

So anyway box 4 was 50/50 sweet and savory.

Honeycomb crunch - Liked. The crunch was more than I expected despite the name. Tasty but maybe a little bit too sweet for something I want on the regular. 

My Thai - LOVED this. I'm noticing that I really love the relishes and dippers, and this was no exception, sweet and mildly spicy. Not hot at all.

Summer Berry Compote - Loved. The little biscuit/cookies tasted a little stale but this was the box that was overdue, so I'm chalking it up to that. The jam was fantastic.

Black Pepper Pistachios - I am never going to not like pistachios. I think this has been my favorite so far. That little bite of the pepper is fantastic!


Box 5, I ate earlier this week. It arrived Monday I think. This box was mostly sweet.

Hot Cross Yum - This was amazing. It tasted almost exactly like a hot cross bun, from what I can recall. A fantastic ratio of spice to fruit and nut. I loved it.

Fruit and Seed Flapjack - I actually really loved this. The soft chewy bar is much better with the crunch of the seeds and the sweet of the fruit.

Herby Bread Basket - Loved this all the way, very flavorful, like a really tasty snack mix.

Marvelous Macaroon - LOVED this. I've found these mixes taste much better together than as separate parts, so I take a small pinch and taste, and I ate this so fast I barely tasted it.


This week's box, arrived today! This is faster than usual. This box was mostly sweet.

Florentine - This was my first repeat. I had this in my very first box, and loved it. It's still very tasty!

Boston Baguettes - I was pretty disappointed with this. The BBQ relish tastes more like vaguely spiced ketchup, so it was too sweet and too tomato flavored for me to enjoy as much. I was hoping for something a bit more savory like the Carolina style BBQ sauce which is vinegar based. I've actually trashed this one because while I don't HATE it, there are other foods I would much rather receive.

Tropical Daiquiri - Really like this. It's very tart, and sweet but not TOO sweet. I think it's the lime raisins that pull this together. Surprising cause I tend not to like raisins but I've liked them so far with the Graze mixes.

Mississippi BBQ Pistachios - Initial reaction, the seasoning is very mild. There is definitely a good flavor, but not as bold as I expected. REALLY like this. The flavor gets subtly layered with each successive nut.


Over all I have liked or loved the majority of the foods sent in my Graze boxes. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.