Saturday, August 18, 2012

Doran!

I stripped Doran's original faceup this week, with the intent of giving him a proper one. When he arrived I was so frustrated with trying to paint him when he looked so different from what I expected that I gave him a half-assed faceup and left it alone. I've since bonded with him properly and so hoped it would go better this time.

However doing faceups while suffering from a migraine makes it hard to like or trust your results. I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow, but for now I think it will do. If I really don't like it, I may send him off to be painted by someone else. I hope I like what I see, when I look at him again tomorrow.

My hands are shaking too much so only one photo turned out. If I still feel okay about it tomorrow I'll have Osaka glue in his lashes.


I don't think I have any GOOD photos of his old faceup, but this is one of my favorites.


I think he looks significantly less worried now, and maybe a little more bratty, but also more mature, which is what I was going for.

And if I end up not liking it, no harm, I can always re-do it. Though hopefully I won't wait so long this time. I only finally got around to re-doing Doran, because doing up Earnán went so well. And in fact I had Earnán sitting there so that I could use his little face as a reference. They have very different personalities but similar faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.