Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chocolate Strawberries and Cream Sweatervest

I started knitting this on May 15th, which was not last Friday, but the one before, and finished it tonight at Knit Night. I did take a photo of Ichigo with the beginning, because I knit it on a teeny little size 3 loop(borrowed from Amy).
Photobucket

I switched to doublepoints for the v-neck and arm-hole portion, and the 3 needle bind off. :3 It's a very simple improvised pattern, and so I think I should be able to repeat it.

It's blocking now:
Photobucket

And tomorrow when it's all dry, I'll snip the ends and take photos of Ichigo wearing it. :D

This is the yarn that I dyed at Monica's a couple of Saturdays back. I never posted pictures then. I'll do so now.











And, one of it all skeined. You can see what it looks like balled, in the first photo with Ichigo.


I dyed some roving too, but I only have a picture of that hung up to dry, and then dry and waiting to be spun. Both the yarn and roving belong to Amy, who was kind enough to let me dye them for her. :]



But yes, this yarn is SO soft, and it was a DREAM to knit. I need to find out what kind of yarn it is so I can buy some for myself. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.