Friday, October 4, 2013

Introducing October

So back in July, a week before my birthday I ordered myself one last doll for the year. I placed an order during the summer Luts event, and got a Tiny Delf Alice (in brown skin). My intention was to name this doll October, and give it orange eyes, and make it kind of an Autumn baby.

Well apparently intending to name it October meant that I had to RECEIVE it in October. So, oops. Weird dolly luck, but October has arrived (both the month and the doll) and the doll is everything I hoped for. I was very surprised when I opened the box because the first thing I did was to slip the facemask off and I saw TEEFERS! I had no idea that this sculpt had little teeth, and I REALLY love that in the dolls, of all sizes, so it was a very pleasant surprise. It's subtle, and only visible from an upnose view, but there are very definite sculpted and painted teeth in that softly opened mouth.

I'm undecided on whether I want to change to the orange eyes I thought I wanted, because these beautiful dark green eyes are compelling. The body is gender neutral and I'm still not sure if October wants to be a boy or a girl. I'm leaning towards male, because that's what I do, but I would not be against having a tiny precious girl, because I do love Sarabelle who was up to now my tiny precious baby(est).

I apologize for the quality of the pictures, my hands were shaking really badly, and the lighting is crap because it's a quarter of midnight.




On the agenda for tomorrow, is putting together a shirt, and some shorts so that October is no longer Naked!Baby. If the creative juices flow well, I may put together something fun and cute, instead of simple and functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.