Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cough*Hack*Cough

So I am currently recovering from an upper respiratory infection.

I had a persistent fever that was just at 99/100 for a couple of weeks, and then Friday it went up to 102, and stayed there. I left work early Saturday, feeling week as hell, and woke up Sunday with my fever having climbed up to 103. I called out sick. My doctor's office isn't open Sundays so I went in Monday. The urgency was much more so, by Monday as I'd begun to vomit, and cough up blood.

I was prescribed Z-pack (low-dose antibiotic) and these awful little pills that are supposed to be a cough suppressant but just made me ill. I ended up vomiting my first dose of the antibiotic as a result, much to my frustration.

I'm on the mend but still feeling week. Ended up calling out today as well because I couldn't stand up for more than a few minutes and I was still coughing up blood. I'm not 100% but I was able to eat a bit today and keep it down. I started taking mucinex today too, to help it along.

The doctor theorized the blood in the mucus is from my esophagus being raw after weeks of coughing and draining etc. I'm just glad my fever is gone, and is staying gone. I've had that fever since about mid-way through Wotan's trip out here, which was like 2 weeks ago.

4 comments:

  1. Mucinex-D is good. Mucinex-DM is bad (hallucinations). I need to go get more of the former; will take my last dose in about half an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS drink lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My box just says Mucinex. There is no D or DM on the box. And, I'm drinking plenty of water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.