Monday, March 22, 2010

I got Heelys! Also.. stuff.



They are awesome, and I got them for only $20. I had planned to get some heavier duty shoes for work, and Osaka found these at Ross. I've been wanting HEELYS for ...four years now. Like, seriously, since I first moved to Virginia, I've wanted a pair.

I learned pretty quickly that I lack the balance and coordination to use them with the wheels in yet, but I'm hoping that as I continue to lose weight it will become easier. In the meantime the plugs are in the bottoms, and the wheels are set aside. :]

I officially LOVE shopping at Ross. I've always loved a good deal, and $20 for $60-$80 shoes, is a hell of a deal.

In other news, we (The Home Depot) had a store meeting 6am Sunday, and I got put on the spot. It was out profit sharing meeting where they hand out the checks, and apparently corporate gives 20 employees who embody Customer Service to a T, an extra $250. Guess who was one of those twenty.

...I had to stand up with the others and get stared at for a minute as Wayne, our store manager explained what it was, and why we were getting it, and I turned an awful shade of pink.

On the one hand, I'm completely flattered. On the other, it took me entirely by surprise, despite my being made Cashier of the Month for the month of January, and getting two Homer Awards for customer satisfaction. @_@;; So.. hooray! That $250 will be just enough finish paying Osaka back for my Unicorn hoofling, Starshine. :]

Oh and speaking of, I gave him a faceup last week when the weather was good. I'm not entirely pleased about how he turned out, but it turned out that I was spiking a fever when I did him up, so it's no surprise to me, that it's not my best work. It's better than the last faceup I tried on him, and had to wipe before finishing though, so it stays for now.




3 comments:

  1. Pretty cool when two of my kids post within minutes of each other, and they are the last neat posts I read for the day. (Pass it on.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pfft i got the exact same comment.. xD

    but your shoes look awesome and so does your uniboy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being totally awesome at your job.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.