Friday, December 4, 2009

Is.. is it really over? o_o

Well today has been interesting. This morning Christy told me she needed to get out of the house, so I got up and came out with her.

We poked about a little, looking at cats at Petsmart, and then looking around A C Moore (local craft store). I had a weird, mild allergy fit in there, and when I went to the restroom to wash my hands and face, Rissa called, and at the same time I got a text message.

The text said "Just wanted to let you know that nick got the divorce finalized for you guys! You're officially divorced now..." and it was from a local number I didn't recognize.

I sent back "Who is this?" Received, "Ti Chan" Sent back "How was he able to do that? I've been waiting to hear back from his lawyer."

She sent back "They went in front of court. It was a default divorce because theyve been trying to serve you since before they left."

I sent back "Will they send me papers? I contacted the lawyers when I received ve-" and then got sick of trying to text back and forth and called.

It was indeed Brittany. I clarified that I'd been waiting to hear back from his laywer, and she told me that his lawyer was kind of a bum who didn't contact people back. I'd suspected that the Navy had finally tracked Nick down or something, which is not the case.

So I am (allegedly) divorced now, and he took responsiblity for the debts accrued during the marriage, which makes things a little bit easier for me.

I'm skeptical yet, but I don't think she'd necessarily text me out of the blue like that if there wasn't SOMETHING up. I've not been in contact with her or Nick since July when he last texted me that there would be no money becuase he fled the Navy.

I never told anyone except for Christy, because it was so weird and surreal. He up and went AWOL on June 14th, 4 days before I came back to Virginia. AWOL of course meaning "Absent without Leave" and being quite literal in this case. The three of them up and moved one day, sneaking out on rent etc, and going to live with Nick's family in McAllen.

On top of all that excitement, Rissa is having to deal with something weird and awful, that is not mine to share, but she's been having a hard time of it. So, it's been a WEIRD past few days. e_e;;

3 comments:

  1. Well I say congrats on moving on to a completely new chapter of your life with no strings to the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I say, I think I still have his mother's address in McAllen, if you want to remind me who his former commanding officer is. I found his Facebook page, too. I bet the Navy has all kinds of strings they can pull to find him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is good, if it is really true. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.