I saw this over on Mom's journal, and thought I'd answer it too.
1. What were you afraid of as a child?
Screaming, yelling, and being hit. Then spiders.
2. When have you been most courageous?
I have no clue, how to begin to answer that. I guess, when I was living in McAllen with my nightmarish inlaws.
3. What sound most disturbs you?
Animals in pain. It makes me scream in anger and fear and want to hurt people.
4. What is the greatest amount of physical pain you’ve been in?
I think the day I went to the ER for vomitting 12 hours straight. I ached all over and I wanted to gut myself to end the wrenching pain in my stomach. It turned out to be walking pneumonia.
5. What’s your biggest fear for your children?
That they will be miserable and depressed and I won't be able to do anything to help them. Second biggest fear is that regardless of what I teach them, they will turn to crime.
6. What is the hardest physical challenge you’ve achieved?
Standing up, walking, and job hunting when my back ranks at a 9 on the painchart.
7. Which do you prefer: Mountains or oceans/big water?
I've never seen Mountains (that I am aware of) but I do love the ocean. One of the best things about being in Virginia Beach is the beach. There really isn't a heck of a lot to DO around here, other than bum it at the beach, or visit all the touristy shops down at the waterfront.
8. What is the one thing you do for yourself that helps you keep everything together?
I sew. I draw. I cry on the shoulders of my friends and family. And when things get REALLY bad, I call my Mommy in tears.
9. Ever had a close relative or friend with cancer?
Yes, both of my grandparents on my Mom's side, and I think my father's father too.
10. What are the things your friends count on you for?
I'm reliable against all odds. If you tell me to be somewhere at a specific time, I will be there, and ready, even if it means I have to walk in the cold or rain to get there on time.
11. What is the best part of being in a committed relationship?
I don't know. I suppose, always having someone to turn to for support.
12. What is the hardest part of being in a committed relationship?
Fighting about money.
13. Summer or Winter?
14. Have you ever been in a school-yard fight?
Several actually. The one I remember most vividly happened in Fredricksburg Texas. I heard a kid call an older sister of mine(whom I worshipped at that point, and still respect highly), a filthy name, and beat him up. I got in trouble, not for the bruises, or split lip, but because I tore his shirt.
15. Why blog?
Why not? It's about the same as a written journal but I can get feedback without exposing parts of myself I don't care to. It's also how I keep in touch with my friends all over the world.
16. Did you learn about sex, and/or sex safety from your parents?
No. I didn't learn in school either. What I knew, I knew from what my friends had figured out. I didn't know what sex was, until I was raped.
17. How do you plan to talk to your kids about sex and/or sex safety?
I plan to explain the basics of Mommy + Daddy = Baby, from early on, as soon as my children can understand me, and go into the logistics of it, around 8 or so, unless I see a need before then.
18. What are you most thankful for this year?
I'm thankful for my friends based here in Virginia Beach. They've gotten me through alot of crap this year, and it's really helped. I'm thankful for my family back home, as they continue to support me morally.