Monday, January 27, 2014

I have a consult with a surgeon.

This will mean nothing to those who haven't been following my transition, but I have a consult with a surgeon on February 12th. I am nervous and hesitantly excited.

I have been shopping around for surgeons for over a year, and this is the first one who responded to my request for a consult.

I don't really have anything else to say. I'm pleased to be making progress but I don't want to get my hopes up, because I won't know anything for sure until I see the surgeon, initially.

I think my main goals for this year, are to get my name legally changed finally, and if possible have this surgery. If I can manage both, that will bring me to the final legal step of transition, where I petition the state of Texas to legally change that F to M on all documentation. I don't think I can manage that this year too, but it's the final step.

In other medical news, I will be due to go back and see my GP for a chest xray to make sure the pneumonia is DONE and sorted in early February. I will probably do that on the 5th after my appointment with my new Psychologist (Still seeing Dr T, who is a Psychiatrist) to just get it done. Fingers crossed for no pneumonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm Rory or Rorek in most places. I design, sew, and craft, primarily for my Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls. I also dabble in interior design, but I'm a little out of practice.

I post about the things I enjoy, which are sewing, photographing my dolls, designing new outfits, knitting, which I started in September of 2008, thanks to my Mom, and occasionally drawing, or painting.

I also post about Life Events and how they affect me and those that I love.

Currently I am living in DFW, Texas in the USA and working towards a degree in Theology.